7 Night Premium Luxury All Inclusive Deal
HOLIDAY TO THE MALDIVES
The Maldives is a destination of dazzling tropical beauty that offers the perfect recipe for relaxation and rejuvenation! A country of more than a thousand islands spread over 90,000 square kilometres of the Indian Ocean. Endowed with a dreamlike beauty, the Maldives welcomes you to enjoy its natural splendour and charm. For most holidaymakers, great sunny days with deep blue skies, clear lagoons with pleasing shades of blue, moonlit nights, the soothing sound of little waves lapping soft white sands, the ruffle of palms and powdery white beaches are the basic ingredient for a tropical island holiday – few places offer these in greater abundance than the Maldives.
Maldives offers a variety of resorts catering to the taste and budget of most travellers. All resorts are located on their own private island, making their beaches idyllically crowd-free. From Robinson Crusoe style escapes to those offering a more conventional style, your Maldives resort is your haven from which to spend your days relaxing with a cocktail or two, diving in the spectacular ocean, or taking advantage of the spa facilities, water sports, or activities the resort has to offer. Maldives is barefoot luxury at its best.
The warm seas of the Maldives have high visibility throughout the year; with water clear enough to see the passing fish as far as fifty metres away at times. Over a thousand species of fish and other underwater creatures inhabit the Maldivian waters. Enjoy your holiday, snorkelling, diving, deep-sea fishing, or cruising at sunset.
CLIMATE IN THE MALDIVES
The Maldives has a hot tropical climate and the temperature remains remarkably consistent at around 30°C year-round – and that’s on the beach and in the water! The sea in the Maldives is warm all year round and the water temperature is an average of 29°C (yowzers!)
TIME DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MALDIVES AND SOUTH AFRICA
The Maldives is 3 hours ahead of South Africa.
International flights arrive at Male's Hulhule airport, which is on an island of its own. Transfers from the airport to your resort island are either by boat, seaplane, or domestic flight, depending on the distance. If your Maldives resort requires a seaplane transfer, be aware that seaplanes only operate in daylight hours. The seaplane journey in itself is an experience, as you get stunning views of the atolls - make sure you get a window seat and that you get your camera out before boarding. The seaplane will usually land next to a floating platform, from which you will be picked up by boat to be taken the remaining few metres in shore to your resort.
Electricity supply is 220V to 240V, 50Hz AC. The standard socket is the UK-style three-pin, although there are some variations, so an international adaptor will be useful.
The language of the Maldivians is Dhivehi and is very similar to several other languages from Sri Lanka, South East Asia and North India. English is also widely spoken in the Maldives.
DIVING IN THE MALDIVES
If you are a certified diver, travel with proof of your certification and discover this miracle of nature called Maldives - a true diver’s dream. If you are not certified - well there’s no time like the present! Take the plunge while on holiday in the Maldives - with its shallow lagoons, the Maldives offers ideal conditions for beginners. Maldives is one of the most coral rich regions in the world, here you are spoilt for choice when it comes to diving. With over a thousand different species of coral and fish, every dive is a fascinating experience. While boat diving is more popular, shore diving to discover natures little wonders in the house reef off the island is also amazing. Diving options in the Maldives include drift diving, wreck diving and night diving.
WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR MALDIVES HOLIDAY
- As a guide, the maximum weight for checked luggage is 20kg in economy class and 30kg in business class
- If you’re taking a seaplane transfer, the luggage allowance is a little more restrictive than your commercial flight - you are allowed 20kg per person of baggage and one piece of hand luggage weighing no more than 5kg.
- Take along your best beach and casual wear, perfect for the day
- A light rain jacket might come in handy in the event of the occasional rain shower
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion are a must
- Don’t forget any medication that you might need, and be sure to pack it in your hand luggage
- Chargers for all your devices (it’s a good idea to take along a few movies on a tablet or something similar as the English TV channels in your hotel may be limited)
- Take along your own goggles & snorkels – even though your resort will have this equipment available to hire, you’ll probably be happier having your own
- Mosquito repellent
- Flip flops, sun hat and a beach bag
- An underwater camera is a great idea
MALDIVES TRAVEL TIPS
- Pack a change of clothing in your hand luggage in case of baggage delays (and a spare cozzie so at least you can have a swim when you get to your resort)
- Clothing creases less if rolled in a sausage shape when packed – so roll, don’t fold
- No sharp objects are permitted in your hand luggage (yes, tweezers are sharp!)
- Travel insurance is a must. If you can’t afford it, you can’t afford to travel!
- Travelling with kids – please check that you have all the relevant documents including unabridged Birth Certificates.
- Put electronics, medication, toothbrushes and jewellery in your carry-on bag
- It’s often a good idea to let your bank or credit card company know that you’re going overseas
- Be patient, be flexible, be spontaneous and have the best time ever!
- Return flights to the Maldives on Qatar
- Return resort transfers by domestic flight and speedboat
- 7 Nights accommodation in a Beach Villa
- Premium All Inclusive (All meals and selected drinks) & much more
- All taxes; levies and surcharges (estimate)
Packages are subject to availability at the time of the reservation.
Passport & visa costs (if applicable), travel insurance & items of a personal nature are also not included.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and currency fluctuations.
Rebooking and cancellations fees apply.
All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
Standard terms and conditions apply.
Get a Quote
Interested in this package? Fill out the form and we'll get you a quote in no time →Fields marked with '*' are mandatory
7 Night holiday at Coin de Mire Attitude
This is a small charming hotel with a funky vibe ideal for families, couples or groups of friends. Set on a lagoon, it is within walking distance of the beach (across the road) and only 5 minutes b...
Flight Included, Hotel Included
7 Night holiday at the All Inclusive Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
Exclusive to The Holiday Factory, Heritage Awali is the first of three Heritage Resorts that lie on the South Coast of the island. The perfect balance of affordable luxury, simplicity and friendl...
Flight Included, Hotel Included
7 Night holiday at the Sofitel L'Imperial
Sofitel L'Imperial's location in Flic en Flac on the west coast on one of Mauritius' greatest stretches of beach is hard to beat. This grande dame of resorts, recently refurbished, offers a relax...